For gaming PCs, Windows 7 is still by far the most widely used Windows operating system. Windows 7 Ultimate ISO is available in both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) editions and has Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise versions. Only the Starter edition of Windows 7 does not have an x64 version.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of the 5 available consumer Windows 7 versions all easily fit on a single layer DVD. Instead of doing that Microsoft released each version as a separate disk and each of those has a separate 32-bit and 64-bit DVD. That’s 9 different DVDs if you want all Windows 7 versions to hand. They are actually all on each DVD but hidden from view by the \Sources\ei.cfg file, delete that and everything with the same architecture becomes available, except Enterprise.
Make Windows 7 Ultimate ISO through WinAIO Maker Professional
- This program is about as simple as it gets and takes the hard work out of creating an all in one Windows x86 and x64 install media. You won’t have to dig into other similar complicated systems.
- To create an all in one ISO image click the AutoAIO button, browse for a working folder where the ISO will be created, then add both the x86 and x64 Windows 7 ISOs.
- The ei.cfg file that restricts the versions on the disk will be automatically removed during the process. Remember it.
- The Enable x64 recovery mode option is useful because without it, you won’t be able to use the Windows recovery options on a 64-bit system. Checking the box will create a boot menu with the 64-bit option added.
- Click Start Compilation and wait a few minutes for the ISO to be created.
Apart from the ease of use, creating an all in one media using WinAIO Maker Professional has two other advantages over doing it manually.
Firstly, you have the choice to include both 32-bit and 64-bit recovery options on the same disk. Secondly, you can also perform a repair install for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. WinAIO Maker is far more capable than just creating an all in one ISO as it can delete specific Windows editions from the WIM file. WinAIO Maker Professional is a standalone portable executable but does require .NET Framework 3.5, Windows 7 Ultimate ISO, 8 and 10 users will need to install it from the optional features tab. Alternatively, if you wish to create an all-in-one Windows 7 installer thumb drive, use the WinToUSB option instead from the main window. Have a freshly formatted USB drive plugged in and select it as well as the source folder for your custom all-in-one installer in order to proceed.